Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default sorting same model number

Help!
Trying to sort multiple model numbers that are the same by combining the
quantity.
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm sure you know exactly what you mean, but it's not clear to me what
"multiple model numbers that are the same" means, nor what "combining
the quantity" means...

Could you post an example in a reply?

In article ,
excel question <excel wrote:

Help!
Trying to sort multiple model numbers that are the same by combining the
quantity.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try SUMIF?

It's not really clear from your post what you're trying to do with your data.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"excel question" wrote:

Help!
Trying to sort multiple model numbers that are the same by combining the
quantity.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello, Dave!
You wrote on Thu, 16 Nov 2006 07:55:01 -0800:

DF It's not really clear from your post what you're trying to
DF do with your data.

DF Dave
DF --
DF Brevity is the soul of wit.

DF "excel question" wrote:

?? Help!
?? Trying to sort multiple model numbers that are the same by
?? combining the quantity. Thanks.

Would it not be best to consolidate the records with the same
number before sorting? Otherwise, it seems to me to be
something that Pivot Tables can handle.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

James--perhaps.

As I say, it's not really clear what the OP is looking to do, so it's hard
to give a defintiive answer as to what the best solution is???

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.