Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Weird formatting of type in box

My excel program is only typing one letter/number in a box at a time.
Each time I type a new letter/number it replaces the old letter. I
can't figure out what I accidently hit to cause this problem. It is not
in the "vertical" mode. I have restarted excel and my computer, but
nothing helps.

Any ideas would be appreciated as I am in the middle of a complicated
spread sheet.

Thanks,
Marilyn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What do you consider as a "box"?

A cell?

If you enter a letter in a cell and hit ENTER then select that cell again and
type a letter, the first letter will be replaced.

If you wish to add letters to a cell hit F2 to enter Edit mode.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP