Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can i give formula to count the only numbers except zero in a

Hi!
I need to put a formula so that it counts the numbers in a cell without
considering zero.If in a column there in a1=4,a2=3,a3=0 It should return the
value as 2.Please let me knoe the answer for this problem.My mail id is

Thanks,
Anu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can i give formula to count the only numbers except zero i

hi!
But if the column contains the alphabets all the other it should only
discard the zero how can it be
Regards,
Anu

"Trevor Shuttleworth" wrote:

Anu

=COUNTIF(A:A,"0")

Regards

Trevor

"Anuja" wrote in message
Hi!
I need to put a formula so that it counts the numbers in a cell without
considering zero.If in a column there in a1=4,a2=3,a3=0 It should return
the
value as 2.Please let me knoe the answer for this problem.My mail id is

Thanks,
Anu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try a sumproduct:
=SUMPRODUCT(--ISNUMBER(A1:A3),--(A1:A3<0))
Anuja wrote:
hi!
But if the column contains the alphabets all the other it should only
discard the zero how can it be
Regards,
Anu

"Trevor Shuttleworth" wrote:

Anu

=COUNTIF(A:A,"0")

Regards

Trevor

"Anuja" wrote in message
Hi!
I need to put a formula so that it counts the numbers in a cell without
considering zero.If in a column there in a1=4,a2=3,a3=0 It should return
the
value as 2.Please let me knoe the answer for this problem.My mail id is

Thanks,
Anu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100=1)*(A1:A100<=9))

Regards

Trevor

"Anuja" wrote in message
hi!
But if the column contains the alphabets all the other it should only
discard the zero how can it be
Regards,
Anu

"Trevor Shuttleworth" wrote:

Anu

=COUNTIF(A:A,"0")

Regards

Trevor

"Anuja" wrote in message
Hi!
I need to put a formula so that it counts the numbers in a cell without
considering zero.If in a column there in a1=4,a2=3,a3=0 It should
return
the
value as 2.Please let me knoe the answer for this problem.My mail id is

Thanks,
Anu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi!
The column should accept all the things like alphabets,sp.char,numbers but
should discard only zero.I am sorry for asking once again.Please let me know
the answer.Please.
Thanks and Regards,
Anu

"Anuja" wrote in message
hi!
But if the column contains the alphabets all the other it should only
discard the zero how can it be
Regards,
Anu

"Trevor Shuttleworth" wrote:

Anu

=COUNTIF(A:A,"0")

Regards

Trevor

"Anuja" wrote in message
Hi!
I need to put a formula so that it counts the numbers in a cell without
considering zero.If in a column there in a1=4,a2=3,a3=0 It should
return
the
value as 2.Please let me knoe the answer for this problem.My mail id is

Thanks,
Anu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The question you posed was "How can I give formula to count the *only
numbers* except zero"

Whatever, try this:

=COUNTIF(A1:A15,"<0")

Regards

Trevor

"Anuja" wrote in message
hi!
But if the column contains the alphabets all the other it should only
discard the zero how can it be
Regards,
Anu

"Trevor Shuttleworth" wrote:

Anu

=COUNTIF(A:A,"0")

Regards

Trevor

"Anuja" wrote in message
Hi!
I need to put a formula so that it counts the numbers in a cell
without
considering zero.If in a column there in a1=4,a2=3,a3=0 It should
return
the
value as 2.Please let me knoe the answer for this problem.My mail id
is

Thanks,
Anu

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi!
Thanks a lot . Trevor it was useful for me very much.Thanks a lot once again
Regards,
Anu

"Anuja" wrote in message
hi!
But if the column contains the alphabets all the other it should only
discard the zero how can it be
Regards,
Anu

"Trevor Shuttleworth" wrote: