Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Trevor Shuttleworth Trevor Shuttleworth is offline

Default How can i give formula to count the only numbers except zero i

The question you posed was "How can I give formula to count the *only
numbers* except zero"

Whatever, try this:

=COUNTIF(A1:A15,"<0")

Regards

Trevor

"Anuja" wrote in message
Hi!
The column should accept all the things like alphabets,sp.char,numbers but
should discard only zero.I am sorry for asking once again.Please let me
know
the answer.Please.
Thanks and Regards,
Anu

"Trevor Shuttleworth" wrote:

One way:

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100=1)*(A1:A100<=9))

Regards

Trevor

"Anuja" wrote in message
hi!
But if the column contains the alphabets all the other it should only
discard the zero how can it be
Regards,
Anu

"Trevor Shuttleworth" wrote:

Anu

=COUNTIF(A:A,"0")

Regards

Trevor

"Anuja" wrote in message
Hi!
I need to put a formula so that it counts the numbers in a cell
without
considering zero.If in a column there in a1=4,a2=3,a3=0 It should
return
the
value as 2.Please let me knoe the answer for this problem.My mail id
is

Thanks,
Anu