Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table Sums

I have a pivot table that will properly sum the data, but I want the sums to
go across the page instead of down the page under one another. I try to
place the second sum column across the page but the table just pulls it
under the other one. Am I trying to do something that is not possible or am
I just doing something wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're not doing anything wrong - it's just default behaviour of pivot
tables. They will automatically arrange fields vertically in the Data region
- why I don't know :)

To fix it, drag the Data fields button (the grey box) to the right and drop
it onto the Total cell - this should rearrange the fields so they are
side-by-side.

Good luck
Geoff
--
There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary and
those who don't.