-   -   Pivot Table Sums (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/118469-pivot-table-sums.html)

ridgerunner

Pivot Table Sums

I have a pivot table that will properly sum the data, but I want the sums to
go across the page instead of down the page under one another. I try to
place the second sum column across the page but the table just pulls it
under the other one. Am I trying to do something that is not possible or am
I just doing something wrong?

Geoff

Pivot Table Sums

You're not doing anything wrong - it's just default behaviour of pivot
tables. They will automatically arrange fields vertically in the Data region
- why I don't know :)

To fix it, drag the Data fields button (the grey box) to the right and drop
it onto the Total cell - this should rearrange the fields so they are
side-by-side.

Good luck
Geoff
--
There are 10 types of people in the world - those who understand binary and
those who don't.

"ridgerunner" wrote:

I have a pivot table that will properly sum the data, but I want the sums to
go across the page instead of down the page under one another. I try to
place the second sum column across the page but the table just pulls it
under the other one. Am I trying to do something that is not possible or am
I just doing something wrong?

ridgerunner

Pivot Table Sums

Thank you so much for helping. These things seem so simple when you know
what to do, but when you do not know, hours fly by while you are trying to
find a solution.

"ridgerunner" wrote:

I have a pivot table that will properly sum the data, but I want the sums to
go across the page instead of down the page under one another. I try to
place the second sum column across the page but the table just pulls it
under the other one. Am I trying to do something that is not possible or am
I just doing something wrong?

ridgerunner

Pivot Table Sums

I thought I had sent a 'thank you' for your help but I do not see it so,
once again, thanks so much!