Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Saving Macros in Excel

I put together a macro that I use regularly to separate data that is imported
into Excel from another software product. Is their away to make this macro
available globally on my company network for other Excel users to use?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Create an add-in and distribute it.
--
Gary's Student

"Erin" wrote:

I put together a macro that I use regularly to separate data that is imported
into Excel from another software product. Is their away to make this macro
available globally on my company network for other Excel users to use?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Stick it into a new workbook.

Save that workbook as an Add-in(*.xla) and store it in a common network folder
which all users can access.

They can load it in ToolsAdd-ins.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 11:51:01 -0800, Erin wrote:

I put together a macro that I use regularly to separate data that is imported
into Excel from another software product. Is their away to make this macro
available globally on my company network for other Excel users to use?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Create a new file using FileNew.

Copy the module or macro from the old workbook into the new one.

FileSave AsFile TypeAdd-in(*.xla)

You will find that option at very bottom of File Types list.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Erin" wrote:

I put together a macro that I use regularly to separate data that is imported
into Excel from another software product. Is their away to make this macro
available globally on my company network for other Excel users to use?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have saved it as an ad-ins and I can find it on the an-ins list and put a
check mark by it but how do I load it?

I can not find it in the macro list.

Thanks,

Erin

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Stick it into a new workbook.

Save that workbook as an Add-in(*.xla) and store it in a common network folder
which all users can access.

They can load it in ToolsAdd-ins.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 11:51:01 -0800, Erin wrote:

I put together a macro that I use regularly to separate data that is imported
into Excel from another software product. Is their away to make this macro
available globally on my company network for other Excel users to use?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Erin

Either place the add-in into the Office\Library folder or........

ToolsAdd-insBrowse.

Scroll to the folder in which the add-in saved and double-click to select.

It will be checked in ToolsAdd-ins. You can leave it checked if you want it
loaded all the time.

You will not see macros from an add-in in the ToolsMacroMacros list.

You may need to add code to the add-in to create a button to run the macro.

For info on that step see Debra Dalglesih's site.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlToolbar02.html

NOTE: with the add-in loaded hit ALT + F11 to get to the Visual Basic Editor
where you can add the code.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP