Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2000

Hello,

I created a new folder for an already existing file, then I draged the
file into the new folder. My problem is that now I can't open the file.
What can I do? Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you get any error message?

How are you trying to open the file?

How do you know it is not open?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 11:46:02 -0800, Anne Marie wrote:

Hello,

I created a new folder for an already existing file, then I draged the
file into the new folder. My problem is that now I can't open the file.
What can I do? Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have tried to open the file from within excel and also from my docs. The
error message I get is that is that the file may be read only or encrypted.
Do you have any solutions? Much appreciated!

Anne Marie

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Do you get any error message?

How are you trying to open the file?

How do you know it is not open?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 11:46:02 -0800, Anne Marie wrote:

Hello,

I created a new folder for an already existing file, then I draged the
file into the new folder. My problem is that now I can't open the file.
What can I do? Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Open it as read only and then save it as a new file.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Do you get any error message?

How are you trying to open the file?

How do you know it is not open?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 11:46:02 -0800, Anne Marie wrote:

Hello,

I created a new folder for an already existing file, then I draged the
file into the new folder. My problem is that now I can't open the file.
What can I do? Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You said you get a message indicating that the file is read only.

So open the file as a read only file and then save it with a different name.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.