Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Extract Picture from a Header

I have an Excel spreadsheet that has a picture in the header. Is there any
way of pulling the picture out so that I can apply it to a new worksheet I
have added to the file?
Thanks
Kristin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Add your new worksheet.

Select a sheet with the picture in header.

CTRL + click on new sheet to "group" the two sheets.

ViewHeader and Footer

Click OK and the header picture will be added to the new sheet.

DO NOT FORGET to ungroup the two sheets when this operation is complete.

Right-click either sheet and "ungroup"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 10:19:02 -0800, Kristin Broggi
wrote:

I have an Excel spreadsheet that has a picture in the header. Is there any
way of pulling the picture out so that I can apply it to a new worksheet I
have added to the file?
Thanks
Kristin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you're using xl2002 or higher...

Save a copy of the file as a web page:
file|saveas
Save as type: Web Page (*.htm; *.html)

Then close excel

Use windows explorer to go to that folder that holds the file you just saved.
Look for a new subfolder that has the name of the file followed by _files, like:

Book1_files

You'll see a bunch of files there including the picture file.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks very much for that tip. Many times I've wanted to create a jpeg file
from a picture in a document or spreadsheet.
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin