Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chi Chi is offline

Default protection

Hi,

I have a workbook that has many worksheets. All worksheets are protected
with the same password. Is there a way that I can unprotect them all at once
instead of unprotect each sheet at per time?
Please help.

Thanks
Chi
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Chi, you can with a macro

Sub Unprotect_All_Sheets()
Dim ws As Worksheet
For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
ws.Unprotect password:="123" 'change password here
Next ws
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Chi" wrote in message

I have a workbook that has many worksheets. All worksheets are protected
with the same password. Is there a way that I can unprotect them all at
once
instead of unprotect each sheet at per time?
Please help.

Thanks
Chi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chi Chi is offline

Hi Paul,

I appreciate for your promptly response. However, Macro is new to me, so
please tell me where I put it in and how it works.

Thanks
Chi

"Chi" wrote in message

I have a workbook that has many worksheets. All worksheets are protected
with the same password. Is there a way that I can unprotect them all at
once
instead of unprotect each sheet at per time?
Please help.

Thanks
Chi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chi Chi is offline

Paul,
Thank you, I got it. It works !!!!

"Chi" wrote in message

I have a workbook that has many worksheets. All worksheets are protected
with the same password. Is there a way that I can unprotect them all at
once
instead of unprotect each sheet at per time?
Please help.

Thanks
Chi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Chi,
you may also what to have a look here on Getting Started with Macros and
User Defined Functions

Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Chi" wrote in message
Paul,
Thank you, I got it. It works !!!!

"Chi" wrote in message

I have a workbook that has many worksheets. All worksheets are
protected
with the same password. Is there a way that I can unprotect them all at
once
instead of unprotect each sheet at per time?
Please help.

Thanks
Chi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chi Chi is offline

I have another question, please.

I have four charts. They are on Sheet 1, sheet 2, sheet 3 and sheet 4.
I would like to put all charts in one sheet. Is there a way I can make it
happen?

Thank you so much
Chi

"Paul B" wrote:

Chi,
you may also what to have a look here on Getting Started with Macros and
User Defined Functions

Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Chi" wrote in message
Paul,
Thank you, I got it. It works !!!!

"Chi" wrote in message

I have a workbook that has many worksheets. All worksheets are
protected
with the same password. Is there a way that I can unprotect them all at
once
instead of unprotect each sheet at per time?
Please help.

Thanks
Chi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Chi, right click on the chart and pick location, select as object in and
pick the sheet you want, do this for each chart
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Paul B" wrote:

Chi,
you may also what to have a look here on Getting Started with Macros and
User Defined Functions

Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Chi" wrote in message
Paul,
Thank you, I got it. It works !!!!

"Paul B" wrote:

Chi, you can with a macro

Sub Unprotect_All_Sheets()
Dim ws As Worksheet
For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
ws.Unprotect password:="123" 'change password here
Next ws
Paul B
Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from
it
Using Excel 2002 & 2003