Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can I allow Additions but not Edits?

I have a workbook with lookup lists for validation in it on a sheet of their
own.

I want users to be able to add and delete entries from the list but I don't
want them to be able to edit existing values.

Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi you can do this in two ways.

1st you can either unlock the cells you want edit and then protect the
sheet; this alows only the unlocked cells to be edited. Or you can allow
users to edit certain ranges.

How To:

1st: Select the range of cells you want only to be edited and right
click, select
format cells, and then under protection, unckeck the locked tick
box. Then
go to Tool, Protection, Protect Sheet and type in you password.

2nd: Goto Tools, Protection, then Allow user to edit ranges, then select
new.
Select you range. When done, protect the sheet and this again has
the
same effect as the 1st.

"Keith" wrote:

I have a workbook with lookup lists for validation in it on a sheet of their
own.

I want users to be able to add and delete entries from the list but I don't
want them to be able to edit existing values.

Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Even if it were possible, you be able to edit an existing value by
deleting it, then adding the revised version.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures