Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default is it possible to make a cell in excel as entry required

i need an excel sheet to prompt for entry so that it cannot be left blank
before saving or sending.

i thought it would be done through data vaalidation but i cannot work it out
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There is no connection between Data Validation and saving a workbook. You'
have to use the workbook's BeforeSave event. This goes in the ThosWorkbook
module:

Boolean)
If Sheet1.Range("A1").Value = "" Then
Cancel = True