Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default SUM Question

I have a Workbook containing multiple Worksheets. Each Worksheet has the same
number of Columns but different number of rows. The last row of each
Worksheet contains the Sum for each Column. Is there a formula that will SUM
all of a given Column's totals for all Worksheets, even though the number of
rows is different in each Worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How about placing the SUM() function at the *top* of the column, just under
the header, and then you'll have the same cell on each sheet to use for
totaling.

=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet15!A3)

--

HTH,

RD

"lanrcdd" wrote in message
I have a Workbook containing multiple Worksheets. Each Worksheet has the
same
number of Columns but different number of rows. The last row of each
Worksheet contains the Sum for each Column. Is there a formula that will SUM
all of a given Column's totals for all Worksheets, even though the number of
rows is different in each Worksheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In , RagDyeR
spake thusly:

How about placing the SUM() function at the *top* of the column,
just under the header, and then you'll have the same cell on each
sheet to use for totaling.

=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet15!A3)

In case the OP still doesn't want to move the SUM(), though,
this would work as one way, assuming there are no blanks in the
column data:

=SUM(OFFSET(Sheet1!B1,COUNTA(Sheet1!B:B)-1,),OFFSET(Sheet2!B1,COUNTA(Sheet2!B:B)-1,))

(Assumes the column we're interested in here is B and there are two sheets.)

-dman-