Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Same column Percent and Currency

Hello I have a column that contains numbers thatr represent both
percent and currency. Presently I formatted the column as number - general
Example 0.15 and 68 - 0.15 should read 15.00% and 68 should read
$68.00. Is there a formula so that I can format the number as percent or as
currency in the same column thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming currency is greater or equal to 1 and percent is between .01 and
..99, sort your data by this column of numbers, so that all percent values are
grouped together and all currency values are grouped together and then apply
the correct formatting to each group.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Wanna Learn" wrote:

Hello I have a column that contains numbers thatr represent both
percent and currency. Presently I formatted the column as number - general
Example 0.15 and 68 - 0.15 should read 15.00% and 68 should read
$68.00. Is there a formula so that I can format the number as percent or as
currency in the same column thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use a custom format for the column, so that you *instantly* display
your desired format, where sorting is *unnecessary*.

[<1]0.00%;$#,##0.00

--

HTH,

RD

"Wanna Learn" wrote in message
Dave Brillant thanks

"Wanna Learn" wrote:

Hello I have a column that contains numbers thatr represent both
percent and currency. Presently I formatted the column as number -
general
Example 0.15 and 68 - 0.15 should read 15.00% and 68 should read
$68.00. Is there a formula so that I can format the number as percent or
as
currency in the same column thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

RagDyeR
I tried the formula below and when I enter a percent value such as 12. I get
12.00% and that's fine, however when I enter a dollar value let's say 130.00
the answer is $1.30 what I'm I doing wrong thanks

"Wanna Learn" wrote:

Hello I have a column that contains numbers thatr represent both
percent and currency. Presently I formatted the column as number -
general
Example 0.15 and 68 - 0.15 should read 15.00% and 68 should read
$68.00. Is there a formula so that I can format the number as percent or
as
currency in the same column thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You should *not* be entering 12. to display 12.00%
You should be using .12

SO ... That tells me that you have "Fixed Decimals" enabled.

Go to:
<Tools <Options <Edit tab,
And *UNCHECK*
"Fixed Decimals"