Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Same column Percent and Currency

You can use a custom format for the column, so that you *instantly* display
your desired format, where sorting is *unnecessary*.

[<1]0.00%;$#,##0.00

--

HTH,

RD

"Wanna Learn" wrote in message
Dave Brillant thanks

"Dave F" wrote:

Assuming currency is greater or equal to 1 and percent is between .01 and
.99, sort your data by this column of numbers, so that all percent values
are
grouped together and all currency values are grouped together and then
apply
the correct formatting to each group.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Wanna Learn" wrote:

Hello I have a column that contains numbers thatr represent both
percent and currency. Presently I formatted the column as number -
general
Example 0.15 and 68 - 0.15 should read 15.00% and 68 should read
$68.00. Is there a formula so that I can format the number as percent or
as
currency in the same column thanks