Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jac Jac is offline

Default Looking for an Unique Data in Data List

hi,

I have a list of data, for example like below:-
NAME PART_NO
AA 123
AA 123
AA 123
AA 345
AA 345
AA 678
AA 678
AA 890
BB 234
BB 345
BB 567
BB 567
BB 789
CC 123
CC 123
CC 123
CC 234

& I would like to sort out only those unique data from the list as below:
NAME Part_No
AA 123
AA 345
AA 678
AA 890
BB 234
BB 345
BB 567
BB 789
CC 123
CC 234

How would i have to do it? Cause the Name & Part No. may grow.
I have try out Advance Filter but I need to create a criteria table to
filter the list; so, somehow if the list is quite long, then I need to search
through the list to come out with the criteria to filter.
Therefore, I would like to look for any other more convenience way to handle
this problem. Anyone could help please.... it's urgent for me!

Thanking in advanced.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

If this is something you have to do frequently, then check out Jim Cone's
fine commercial Add-in called XLCompanion. It has a feature for the
separation of "uniques"..........It's available at

http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware/

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Jac" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One possibility is to combine the cells.
in c1 type =a1&b1
copy it all the way down
You will get
NAME PART_NO NAMEPART_NO
AA 123 AAA123
AA 123 AAA123
AA 123 AAA123
AA 345 AAA345
AA 345 AAA345
I suggest at this point copying column C and pasting it as values then
using ctrl-h to replace all spaces.
Then use an equation like
=if(c2=c1,dup,"")

This should give something like
NAME PART_NO NAMEPART_NO Check
AA 123 AAA123
AA 123 AAA123 dup
AA 123 AAA123 dup
AA 345 AAA345
AA 345 AAA345 dup

this will put dup where c2 is the same value as c1. Then you can
filture column c for dup and delete or hide as neccesary. It wouldn't
be to hard to write a macro for this and run it when you need to.