Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Merging data problem.

Hi everybody,
I have problem with data merging. I have 78 columns with data: 0 or 1.
I need have one number, for example: 100101011000... I've written
formula:=A1&B1&C1..., but: I see in result cell or text as formula, or
0. I checked format cells for text, number, general and nothings
changed. Do You know what am I doing wrong?
Best Regards
Raff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

.. but: I see in result cell or text as formula

Perhaps the cell with the formula was pre-formatted as text (unknown to
you). Try re-formatting the formula cell as general or number, then
re-confirm the formula (click inside the formula bar, press ENTER). You need
to re-confirm the formula before it'll work. Re-formatting the cell alone
will not trigger it.

Another guess is that calc mode could inadvertently be set to Manual. Does
it compute when you press F9? To set it to auto calc mode: Click Tools
Options Calculation tab Check "Automatic" OK
--
Max
Singapore
"Raff" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi everybody,
I have problem with data merging. I have 78 columns with data: 0 or 1.
I need have one number, for example: 100101011000... I've written
formula:=A1&B1&C1..., but: I see in result cell or text as formula, or
0. I checked format cells for text, number, general and nothings
changed. Do You know what am I doing wrong?
Best Regards
Raff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
Perhaps the cell with the formula was pre-formatted as text (unknown to
you). Try re-formatting the formula cell as general or number, then
re-confirm the formula (click inside the formula bar, press ENTER). You need
to re-confirm the formula before it'll work. Re-formatting the cell alone
will not trigger it.

I've done it, but now in result I have 0 in this cell, should be
78-digit word. So... I don't know how to do that... I have matrix 78
columns x 900 rows...
Best Regards
Raff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Try widening the col with your concat formulas,
or try formatting the col to wrap text
(Click Format Cells Alignment tab Check "Wrap Text" OK)
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
"Raff" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
Perhaps the cell with the formula was pre-formatted as text (unknown to
you). Try re-formatting the formula cell as general or number, then
re-confirm the formula (click inside the formula bar, press ENTER). You
need
to re-confirm the formula before it'll work. Re-formatting the cell alone
will not trigger it.

I've done it, but now in result I have 0 in this cell, should be
78-digit word. So... I don't know how to do that... I have matrix 78
columns x 900 rows...
Best Regards
Raff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
Try widening the col with your concat formulas,
or try formatting the col to wrap text
(Click Format Cells Alignment tab Check "Wrap Text" OK)

Ok, but result in cell is 0 - one single digit. So I made column wider,
I wraped text, but 0 is 0...
Best Regards
Raff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

I don't know ..

Going back to your orig. post,
if you had a concat formula in say, D1:
=A1&B1&C1
where A1:C1 contains say: 1, 0, 1
then D1, by now, with the formula working,
should return the text: 101
(D1 shouldn't return: 0)

Is the above what's happening over there,
or did we go out of sync somewhere along the line ?
Pl clarify
--
Max
Singapore