Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default excel- change column name from "A, B, etc" to "First Name, etc"

How do I change the default column name from A, B, C, etc to the date I'm
entering- First Name, Last Name, Address, etc?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can change these column headings to letters or numbers or hide them
completely.

But I'd just put the field headers in row 1 and use the rest for data. You can
freeze that row so that it's always visible:

Select A1 (just to make sure it's visible)
select B1
window|freeze panes

And remember that most users of excel are pretty familiar with the
interface--they expect to see those header letters (or numbers).

And new users will become more acquainted with excel by using your workbook.

--

Dave Peterson