Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jay Jay is offline

Default Sorting External Data

I've created a sheet with a vb form. The form finds a value on the sheet and
calculates a percentage based on a number input (i.e. "Downtime 1" "28%").

I'd like to create a "Top 5" style report based on these numbers, but don't
know how to go about it. (I'm currently using the "
'[WorkBook.xls]Sheetname'!$A$1:$A$60 " style function, then using the
=value() function to get the #'s into the sheet without the reference - I
can't seem to get the sort to work though.)

So - if you could get through my rambling, I'm trying to sort data from
another sheet without actually changing it on the original.

help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

then using the =value() function to get the #'s into the sheet without the
reference

I don't know why you're using the Value function unless it's to convert
strings that look like numbers to true numbers. But, in any case, I think
if you change the formulas to include a sheet reference (even those they
reference the same sheet they are on) the sort will work. E.g.,
Value(A1) - =Value(Sheet1!A1)

--
Jim