Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech Jim Rech is offline

Default Sorting External Data

then using the =value() function to get the #'s into the sheet without the
reference

I don't know why you're using the Value function unless it's to convert
strings that look like numbers to true numbers. But, in any case, I think
if you change the formulas to include a sheet reference (even those they
reference the same sheet they are on) the sort will work. E.g.,
Value(A1) - =Value(Sheet1!A1)

--
Jim