Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do your round down an entire column?

I am trying to round down an entire column of currency with different
amounts. I can do it with one cell at a time but I need to do the entire
column. For example I want to take $15.75 to $15.00 and $14.34 to $14.00 and
so on all the way down the column.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Create a column next to your money column

=ROUNDDOWN(A1,0)

A1 would be the 1st cell with your currency, then just copy the formula down

"skibum22" wrote:

I am trying to round down an entire column of currency with different
amounts. I can do it with one cell at a time but I need to do the entire
column. For example I want to take $15.75 to $15.00 and $14.34 to $14.00 and
so on all the way down the column.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello, tim!
You wrote on Wed, 1 Nov 2006 13:11:02 -0800:

tm =ROUNDDOWN(A1,0)

tm A1 would be the 1st cell with your currency, then just copy
tm the formula down

tm "skibum22" wrote:

?? I am trying to round down an entire column of currency
?? with different amounts. I can do it with one cell at a
?? time but I need to do the entire column. For example I
?? want to take $15.75 to $15.00 and $14.34 to $14.00 and so
?? on all the way down the column.

What's wrong with INT(A1)?

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland