Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default locked cells helps/question

I ahve locked my spreadsheet with 2 seperate PW's one for read only access
and one for modify access. HOwever, there is anotehr password feature I want
to be able to accomplish and that is to lock certain cells from those that
can modify the document, I want folks to be able to enter into adn sve data
but do not want them to have access to modify teh validation lists and
formatted cells with formulas. ONly I want to be able to have acces to that
so it does not get deleted. How can I go one step further to lock these
cells with a different pw.
--
Thanks,,
Kim
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the entire sheet (Ctrl + A)
Select Format then cells
Click on the Protection Tab and remove the tick from the 'locked' box (by
default all cells are locked)
Click OK

Now select the cells you want to lock and replace the tick in the locked box
in the format cells window (following the above instructions).

Once you have locked all the required cells, click on the Tools menu then
Protection and Protect Sheet...
Choose the necessary options from the tick boxes at the bottom and input a
password and verify it.

Good luck!