Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Entering dates without having to use slashes?

I see the comments about this problem, but it seems to me that if a cell were
already defined as a date it should be able to determine that a date were
being entered without it requiring the slashes. Or another way of making it
easier than having to enter the slashes would be preferable, for example
entering a d103106 or d10312006 would be much easier than having to do the
10/31/2006 which requires a lot more of hand movement on the keyboard to drop
down and hit the slash key than it would if a simple d103106 could result in
10/31/2006 according to the date format selected. It just slows down data
entry a lot!

Perhaps Microsoft should be listening since there seem to be many of us who
would opt for a simpler method of entering a date.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See Chip Pearson's website for options:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"J.G.Martin" wrote:

I see the comments about this problem, but it seems to me that if a cell were
already defined as a date it should be able to determine that a date were
being entered without it requiring the slashes. Or another way of making it
easier than having to enter the slashes would be preferable, for example
entering a d103106 or d10312006 would be much easier than having to do the
10/31/2006 which requires a lot more of hand movement on the keyboard to drop
down and hit the slash key than it would if a simple d103106 could result in
10/31/2006 according to the date format selected. It just slows down data
entry a lot!

Perhaps Microsoft should be listening since there seem to be many of us who
would opt for a simpler method of entering a date.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dk_ dk_ is offline

Chip,

The code on your page, (link below), is most excellent!!!

Thank you!

-Dennis

--
Dennis Kessler