Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot table question

Once I create my pivot table it has all the data I need but then I need to
use that data for another purpose and the best way to do that is to use it as
a table format.

My question is, once the table is created it populates the first row and
column with the necessary data, for example; apple. then the next 40 lines
consist of data regarding 'apple' and then line 42 is 'orange'; and so forth.
How can I get the pivot table to list apple in all the lines for apples?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can't.
Add a new column outside the pivot table along these lines and extend it down.
There is no way within the pivot table.
Everyone wants to have that option but it just isn't there.

A ... G
4 Apple ... =if(A4="",G3,A4)
5 (blank)... =if(A5="",G4,A5)
6 (blank)... etc