Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need your help

Hello everyone,

I have an excel sheet that has some registration nos., account names,
reference nos and revenue collected against each reference no.

Some what like in this format:

Registration No. Account names Reference no. Revenue
collected
12 ABC 01
1000
18 ADC 04
500

Now I have to prepare a window wherein if I click any account names, then it
should display all the regestrations nos. reference nos and revenue amount.

Please help me, as I don't have any clue about this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In a seperate worksheet you could create a group of cells where you could do
a "VLOOKUP" and as you place an account name in a certain cell (say cell a1)
all your information would come up in other cells designated (such as b1 &
b2).

"dinadvani via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have an excel sheet that has some registration nos., account names,
reference nos and revenue collected against each reference no.

Some what like in this format:

Registration No. Account names Reference no. Revenue
collected
12 ABC 01
1000
18 ADC 04
500

Now I have to prepare a window wherein if I click any account names, then it
should display all the regestrations nos. reference nos and revenue amount.

Please help me, as I don't have any clue about this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for your idea.

but the account names are similiar for more than 1 registration. So vlookup
does not works

please help.

scheduler wrote:
In a seperate worksheet you could create a group of cells where you could do
a "VLOOKUP" and as you place an account name in a certain cell (say cell a1)
all your information would come up in other cells designated (such as b1 &
b2).

Hello everyone,

[quoted text clipped - 17 lines]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Highlight our data and chose DataFilterAutofilter
Use the dropdown on Account Name to make your selection, all rows
containing that name will be visible.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

scheduler wrote:
In a seperate worksheet you could create a group of cells where you
could do
a "VLOOKUP" and as you place an account name in a certain cell (say
cell a1)
all your information would come up in other cells designated (such as
b1 &
b2).

Hello everyone,

[quoted text clipped - 17 lines]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try using a pivot table. Select Data, PivotTable and PivotChart Report,
Select the first option "Microsoft Office Excel list or database, select the
range of data and click finish. Place the items on the pivot table in the
areas you want.
Gary