Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I change the case in Excel Spreadsheet

I have ready the posts regarding this subject. I'm an idiot evidentally.
Actually, i've never done this before.

I've tried entering the =PROPER(text) formula, nothing happens. I've tried
copying to VBA (which I don't even know what any of this means) nothing
happens. What is the quickest way to find a step by step solution for
DUMMIES?????
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The PROPER() function changes the first letter to upper case, and
leaves the rest as lower case. Try using UPPER(text) and see if that
works. If it doesn't, please post back with examples so we can
troubleshoot with you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Minor clarification:
The PROPER() function changes the first letter to upper case
should read as
The PROPER() function changes the first letter of each word in the text
string to upper case

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming you have text in A1 like john smith

In B1 enter =PROPER(A1)

Returns John Smith

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP