Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excels brilliant memory

Hi Guys

I have a problem when excel 'remembers' half of the text to columns
that I did before.

I paste a text file into column A. Then I text-to-columns it and
specify that some/all of the columns should be imported as TEXT rather
than general.

Then, when I paste the next text file excel cleverly remember where to
cut the file into the columns (as soon as I paste it, it automatically
does the text-to-columns), but it doesn't do the formatting as text as
I requested.

How on earth can I switch it off? Or get excel to stop automatically do
the text-to-columns. So far the only way out for me is to restart
excel.

Regards
CE Auke

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Don't ya just love how helpful Excel is?

I get caught on this often using delimitedspace.

You have to reset Text to Columns. After you use it select any cell with
data and do a T to C but this time uncheck everything that you might have
selected. In my case all I have to do is uncheck <space then click finish.

Biff

ups.com...