Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Publishing Chart to Web Page

I have a multi-sheet workbook in which each sheet represents another day with
some data in the cells and a chart produced from this data and located on the
day's sheet where the data is.

The problem is when I "Save as Web Page" the entire workbook, all the sheets
and the cell data appear in the IE browser but the charts on each sheet do
not.

Is there a way to have the charts also appear on the web page along with the
sheet data for that day ?

thx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mac,

You don't say which version of Excel you're using, but I recall that Excel97
behaved the way you're describing. Excel 2002 puts the chart in the htm
file, actually like it should. Where it belongs. Don't recall about Excel
2000 or 2003.

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
"macroplay" wrote in message
I have a multi-sheet workbook in which each sheet represents another day
with
some data in the cells and a chart produced from this data and located on
the
day's sheet where the data is.

The problem is when I "Save as Web Page" the entire workbook, all the
sheets
and the cell data appear in the IE browser but the charts on each sheet do
not.

Is there a way to have the charts also appear on the web page along with
the
sheet data for that day ?

thx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mac,

Graphics, such as the charts, appear in a folder that must be published
along with the htm file. Could that be the problem? The folder's name is
based on the name of the htm file. If it's MyWorkbook.htm, then you'll see
a folder with a name like "MyWorkbook_files." You might want to save the
file to a local folder first, then open it with your browser (just
double-click it from the folder it lives in) to make sure that's working
before you get into the publishing to your web server part.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"macroplay" wrote in message
I have a multi-sheet workbook in which each sheet represents another day
with
some data in the cells and a chart produced from this data and located
on
the
day's sheet where the data is.

The problem is when I "Save as Web Page" the entire workbook, all the
sheets
and the cell data appear in the IE browser but the charts on each sheet
do
not.

Is there a way to have the charts also appear on the web page along
with
the
sheet data for that day ?

thx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi, sorry to bother you.

When I save the current sheet to the web then both the cells and the chart
get published and there IS a subfolder where the chart image is stored. The
..htm file that gets created also has a special icon beside it in the windows
explorer folder listing which is a combination of the Excel & IE icons.

When I save the entire workbook as a web page then the subfolder is not
created and the .htm that is created has only a simple IE icon beside it in
the windows explorer folder list. The contents of the .htm file seem to be
almost entirely XML code.

So it seems that saving the entire workbook has special behavious that
doesn't allow displaying of charts. Or I don't know how to enable this
functionality.

thx

"macroplay" wrote in message
I have a multi-sheet workbook in which each sheet represents another day
with
some data in the cells and a chart produced from this data and located
on
the
day's sheet where the data is.

The problem is when I "Save as Web Page" the entire workbook, all the
sheets
and the cell data appear in the IE browser but the charts on each sheet
do
not.

Is there a way to have the charts also appear on the web page along
with
the
sheet data for that day ?

thx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I did some further testing.

Saving the entire workbook displays all the sheets along with the charts on
the sheets only if you click "save as web page" and click "save" on the first
dialog box.

If you click on "publish" on that 1st dialog box and select "entire
workbook" in the pull-down menu then it doesn't work.

The only bad part is that to make the charts display I can't select an
option to automaically save the entire workbook to the web whenever the
workbook is saved. You have to both save the workbook AND "save as web page".

If you have any ideas as to how to get arund tis limitation please let me
know.

thx