Nick Anderson

Default cell shading

Heres my issue,
I have a certain cell B8 that has a dollar amount in it. I am making a loan
calculator for the next 6 years and I want to have the amount in a certain
feild that equals b8 to be red and then whn the dollars get to zero I want it
to be bolded and highlighted yellow. I went to conditional formating but
nothing happens what am I doing wrong?
Bernie Deitrick

Nick,

Possibly, you may need to use a custom formula for your conditional
formatting, since the displayed value and the actual cell values can differ.

So, when you want the cell that equals B8 to be red, then use the custom
formula

=ROUND($B$8,2) = ROUND(C3,2)

where C2 is the activecell when you apply the CF.

Alternatively, you could set up your amortization table to only return
rounded values.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP