Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Formatting with more than 3 Criteria

I want to find out a way to use conditional formatting for 4 criteria. Is
there any way to do this without using Macro? It should work like:

If the cell value is bigger than 3 it is "Green"
If the cell value is bigger than 2 it is "Blue"
If the cell value is bigger than 1 it is "Yellow"
If the cell value is bigger than 0 it is "Red"

I would appreciate if anyone helps me! I need a quick answer!! Thanks!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check out this link...

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/conditional6.html
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"enginguven" wrote:

I want to find out a way to use conditional formatting for 4 criteria. Is
there any way to do this without using Macro? It should work like:

If the cell value is bigger than 3 it is "Green"
If the cell value is bigger than 2 it is "Blue"
If the cell value is bigger than 1 it is "Yellow"
If the cell value is bigger than 0 it is "Red"

I would appreciate if anyone helps me! I need a quick answer!! Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can color the font but not background with up to 6 conditions using John
McGimpsey's formatting.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/conditional6.html

Background color change would require VBA

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP