Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default check boxes

Hi, I wrote early but wanted to write to maybe clarify things. I have an
applications setup that is used for data entry and group assignment. I have
three categories to fill out each with two subcategories. (+ or - weight, +
or - height, and + or - sex). For each person interviewed they fall into a
set of subcategories (ex. +weight, -height,+sex). Therefore, there are 8
different combinations that could be made with these categories. Depending
on the 8 different combinations a person is assigned to a Group (ie. Bad or
Good). So what I did was have two different worksheets for each Bad and Good.
In each I made six columns for the different subcategories and put a counter
for each colum. I made different formulas for each of the 8 combinations and
I compare the number of combinations in the Bad and Good worksheets. I fill
out the subject ID in each of the subcategories and my generator tells me
which of the groups (Bad or Good) has the least number of people in it. This
works perfectly, and my boss loves it, but he wants something simple. He
wants me to put check boxes that automatically put in the Subject's number in
each of the categories. Therefore I want to have colum for each Subject I
enter, with it's own checkbox that fills in "1" in 3 different columns so
that my counter continues to work. So instead of filling out a number 3
times, a simple check box will fill it out for me. Can I do this? Have I run
into a dead end. I don't want to change the lay out for my worksheet because
it runs great the way it is. If I have to, I'd be willing. Hope I can find
some help. Thanks.

-Jose M.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

i am sure that it can be done.make your next post more of an example of your
layout with representative data and what you need it to look like.
--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!