Jugglertwo

Default Pivot Table-Using Multiple SS's or Ranges?

I'm familiar with creating and editing Pivot Tables using
one worksheet. I would like to create a Pivot Table using
different worksheets. The structure of all the lists are
the same: same Header Row in each list. I'm going through
the procedure and it is producing a Pivot Table but it is
quite different from the Pivot Table Layouts that I'm used
to seeing.
When I go into the Layout Dialog Box, I'm not seeing the
Field Names that one normally sees.

1) Am I doing something wrong?
2) Is this the way it works when you create a Pivot Table
from multiple sources?
3) Should I just put all the data in one worksheet list
and them produce the Pivot Table?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as this is
frustrating me mucho.
Thanks!
Jugglertwo
Debra Dalgleish

You're not doing anything wrong. If you create a Pivot Table from
multiple consolidation ranges, as you discovered, you won't get the same
pivot table layout that you'd get from a single range. There's an
example he

If possible, store your data in a single worksheet, and you'll have more
flexibility in creating the pivot table.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Jugglertwo