Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Importing Excel Worksheet into word... help needed!

Hi,

I should have searched a little longer i feel, but i've looked at some
of the related topics, but haven't yet found my answer.

When importing a previoulsy created MS Excel worksheet into MS Word,
the worksheet is seen, but it does not display all of the content e.g.
if the worksheet scrolls over the edge/foot of the page, i cannot
increase the box size by dragging the box to show this text on the 2nd
page - it simply stretches/condenses the shown text.

Has anybody experienced this issue, and if so is there a work around??

please help!

thanks,

Simon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are various methods of getting Excel data into Word. See this article:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/e...osoft_word.htm

--
~Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"EGNX Flyer" wrote:

Hi,

I should have searched a little longer i feel, but i've looked at some
of the related topics, but haven't yet found my answer.

When importing a previoulsy created MS Excel worksheet into MS Word,
the worksheet is seen, but it does not display all of the content e.g.
if the worksheet scrolls over the edge/foot of the page, i cannot
increase the box size by dragging the box to show this text on the 2nd
page - it simply stretches/condenses the shown text.

Has anybody experienced this issue, and if so is there a work around??

please help!

thanks,

Simon

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Anne,

thanks for this link, however i've tried 2 of the 4 tips listed there
(the insert Object, and Embed object), and neither worked :-(

Short of manually copying from Excel and then pasting into Word, is
there any other way to do this, or remedy the initial problem??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I can only imagine that you're expecting to fit, for instance, a 10-inch wide
spreadsheet into an 8-inch wide page? Before copying from Excel, set the
worksheet to "fit to 1 x 1" (File--Page Setup). If it won't fit on one page
in Excel, it certainly won't in Word either. Make your Excel margins the same
as your Word margins. Save the Excel file before you copy and paste to Word...
--
~Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"EGNX Flyer" wrote:

Hi Anne,

thanks for this link, however i've tried 2 of the 4 tips listed there
(the insert Object, and Embed object), and neither worked :-(

Short of manually copying from Excel and then pasting into Word, is
there any other way to do this, or remedy the initial problem??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Anne, and any other possible readers...

This hasn't helped I'm afraid.

What I am trying to do, rather pathetically so far, is to import a
large spread sheet (with page set-up configured to fit it to one page
and saved) into a word document with text above and below the imported
sheet.

The imported worksheet, however, is not showing all the information as
set out in Excel, and seems to be cut off at the base and right hand
side - despite the Word doc being set up with identical margins to the
word file, and having been made to scale to fit a single page height
and width.

dragging the boundary boxes to scale - as suggested by the
OfficeArticles.com site - the sheet to fit will not condense the
document and show all the information, but merely scales the physical
size/apparent font size of the imported document itself, leaving me
with a scaled up/down version of what was seen after the initial
import, and not the entire document as required...

Is this normal behaviour for Excel and Word in MS Office 2004 For Mac
(I understand its exactly the same version as MS Office 2003 for
Windows, just on a Mac, so the various functions and their outputs
should be identical)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Anne, and any other possible readers...

This hasn't helped I'm afraid.

What I am trying to do, rather pathetically so far, is to import a
large spread sheet (with page set-up configured to fit it to one page
and saved) into a word document with text above and below the imported
sheet.

The imported worksheet, however, is not showing all the information as
set out in Excel, and seems to be cut off at the base and right hand
side - despite the Word doc being set up with identical margins to the
saved
Excel file, and having been made to scale to fit a single page height