Art SC

Default Is anything needed if I only load Word & Excel from Office XP Sta.

I totally crashed my hard drive trying to download XP Svc Pk 2. It was NOT
oriented for beginners like me! I ended up spending big $$$ getting my PC to
work lost all my old data. Now I'm TERRIFIED at trying to download ANYTHING
from MS!

If I've ONLY downloaded MS Word & Excel from Office XP Standard is it really
necessary for me to download all that stuff (or any of it) on the Office
homepage?