Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel resizes screen resolution upon opening. How to fix?

I just started a new job and the computer I'm using has the problem of
resizing my window to 800X600 whenever I open Excel and only Excel. Does
anyone know why this might be the case?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My first guess is that you have a helpful program/workbook/addin that's not too
helpful.

You can do some detective work to find out what it is.

Chip Pearson has some notes on how to diagnose startup errors:

And Jan Karel Pieterse has more notes:
http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/StartupProblems.asp

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you tried opening excel in Safe mode, did the resolution change?

If yes, then I don't have a guess.

If no, then I'd look at those note pages once more.