Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Macro to move row from one worksheet to another

Hi,

I am recording travel information in one worksheet using a drop down meny
for location. I want a macro that use the location as a determenator for
deciding which other worksheets the information should go to. And several
locations can go to the same worksheet. For example -

I fill in 28.10.2006 - Roger Rogerson - STA
and 30.10.2006 - Dana Danason - STB

Now I want to by the touch of a button send the information determined by
the location STA and STB to a worksheet named STX.

Is this possible?

Kind regards
Anders

--
Regards Anders
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

STA and STB are in a dedicated column??

You may want to look at the way Ron de Bruin and Debra Dalgleish approached it:

Ron de Bruin's EasyFilter addin:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

Code from Debra Dalgleish's site:

Create New Sheets from Filtered List -- uses an Advanced Filter to create
separate sheet of orders for each sales rep visible in a filtered list; macro
automates the filter. AdvFilterRepFiltered.xls 35 kb

Update Sheets from Master -- uses an Advanced Filter to send data from
Master sheet to individual worksheets -- replaces old data with current.
AdvFilterCity.xls 55 kb

Anders wrote:

Hi,

I am recording travel information in one worksheet using a drop down meny
for location. I want a macro that use the location as a determenator for
deciding which other worksheets the information should go to. And several
locations can go to the same worksheet. For example -

I fill in 28.10.2006 - Roger Rogerson - STA
and 30.10.2006 - Dana Danason - STB

Now I want to by the touch of a button send the information determined by
the location STA and STB to a worksheet named STX.

Is this possible?

Kind regards
Anders

--
Regards Anders

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes both STA and STB are in the location column.

The idea is to have the first worksheet as a place where we record all the
travel. Then at the end of the day, we run a macro and the different rows of
travel information are sent to several different worksheets. Then when we
come to work the day after we start fresh at the first worksheet.

--
Regards Anders