Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
De De is offline

Default How can I find cell contains the result of "maximum" formula

--
De
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If I understood you right, do a CTRL+F and type what you're looking for (is
it "MAX" ?). Click the Options button, and set it to search in formulas, and
not values.

"De" wrote:

--
De

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
De De is offline

Thanks, Raffael, but I wondered if there was a conditional format etc that
might do it as I have 200 rows and 58 columns of data. I have entered a
"max" formula for each row and need to know which cell in each row contains
the "max" result.
--
De

"De" wrote:

--
De

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can use conditional formatting for this.

Select your entire range of data
From the Format Menu, choose "Conditional Formatting..."
Set Cell Value "Equal to" and type in: =MAX($A1:$BF1)
Set your format (red background maybe?)
Click OK

Change the above formula to match your actual range of data.

The Maximum value(s) in each row should now be highlighted.

HTH,
Elkar

"De" wrote:

--
De

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ok, in that case you're right and may use the "conditional formatting". I
have some personal spreadsheets that use this kind of logic.
So, you should select "Formula is" in the conditional formatting box, type
something as "=MAX($A1:$BZ1)" and select the formatting that you want to
highlight the cell with the max value in that row.
One way you can do that is selecting the entire matrix, making sure that the
line in the formula would be the same as the one in the formula. You must
block the columns, but not the rows.

Regards

"De" wrote:

--
De

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
De De is offline

Thank you, Raffael. I found that worked if I "cell is" in the conditional
formatting box. Many thanks,
--
De

"De" wrote:

--
De

Currency to Text mytipi Excel Worksheet Functions 1 February 21st 06 11:43 PM
VBA Monty Excel Worksheet Functions 2 January 30th 06 01:37 PM
copy and pasting a find all list into another column Ben Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 18 December 31st 05 10:51 PM
Numeric content in one cell ( implicit formula ) and the result in another one PeDevillers Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 7 March 2nd 05 07:40 AM