Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 1st Version of Excel to allow

Try toggling this setting:

Tools|Options|Edit tab|Check Allow Cell drag and drop.

If you don't have this option toggled on, then you won't see that autofill box
in the lower right corner of the selected cell.

Laura wrote:

Which was the first version of excel to allow users to click in the lower
right-hand corner of a cell to autofill the cells below it? I have a 2002
edition that doesn't allow it. I still have to copy the cell and then drag
the new cells I want to copy the formula in.
Thanks in advance!

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Depends on what's in the adjacent column(s).

If the left hand column has data in it, it tells how many rows should be filled
(until there's a gap in that left hand column).

If the left hand column is empty, then the right hand column controls how far
down it should go.

If both adjacent columns are empty, you have to fill it some other way.

Laura wrote:

Which was the first version of excel to allow users to click in the lower
right-hand corner of a cell to autofill the cells below it? I have a 2002
edition that doesn't allow it. I still have to copy the cell and then drag
the new cells I want to copy the formula in.
Thanks in advance!

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

AHHHH HAAAA!!!
That was the problem! Not data in all of the cells in the column to the
left!! Thanks so very much.