Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formating cells

I'm working on a timesheet, I have three columns for hours spent per day 1)
regular 2) overtime 3) other. The reuglar and overtime columns add and
calculate as I want, but for other I have certain criteria I would like to
add. I have added a column for other hours codes (H=holiday, S=Sick,
V=Vacation), I would like to add my columns dependent on that code. Lets say
P22:P28 If Q22:Q28=A. Is this possible? And would there be a problem if ther
were a sick day, vacation day, and a holiday in the same week?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It sounds like you need to look at the SUMIF function. Check this out:
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/sum-if.htm

There are a lot more resources if you google SUMIF.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.