Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Tables

OS: Windows XP
App: Office 2002 Pro. SP2

Hello
Every time I create an additional Pivot Table and Save the Workbook it
increases the Workbook's size substantially. Is it possible to display a
Pivot table's underlying data? I can update the Pivot Table from is original
source which suggests that a separate dataset has been created specifically
for the Pivot Table.

I ask because a user has a 140MB XLS with 20 Pivot Tables pointing to an
external data source (another XLS). When all the Pivot Tables are deleted the
XLS shrinks to 300K in size.

Regards
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ron Coderre has a pivot table add-in that you can use to view the source
for a pivot table.

http://www.contextures.com/xlPivotPlay01.html

Instead of creating each pivot table from the source, you could create
one based on the source, and base the remaining pivot tables on the
first pivot table. That should keep the workbook size smaller.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures