Kathrine

Default Copy with link between sheets - all the formats dissapear?!?

I am working on a large spreadsheet with many sheets. I want to copy
information from one worksheet into another worksheet; with a direct link.
This is no problem - the information is pasted in - however; all my formats
from the original source is not pasted in. Is it possible to make a paste
link were I also can keep the original formats?? If I paste special from
Excel into Word or PowerPoint this is no problem; but I want the formats to
stay as the source also in Excel. I can not just copy - because the link must
be there.

Please help!!!!
Jim Rech

You have to do two paste specials. After you do the Paste Special/Paste
Link immediately do a second Paste Special but this time just select
"Formats" and click OK.

Naturally, although the formats are now the same, the formats are not
"linked" like the cell values are. Formats cannot be linked by formula.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP