Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default My division formulas do not have the correct remainder, why?

I am trying to divide the value in a cell by 1.085. My formula looks like
this:=MOD(B8,1.085). I've used the formula wizard. The result is incorrect.

In another area on the worksheet, I want to divide one cell value by another
cell value. My formula looks like this: =MOD(B8/E8). The result is incorrect.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am trying to divide the value in a cell by 1.085. My formula looks like
this:=MOD(B8,1.085).

What is the value of B8 and what result are you getting and what result do
you expect?

Biff

"m1121" wrote in message
I am trying to divide the value in a cell by 1.085. My formula looks like
this:=MOD(B8,1.085). I've used the formula wizard. The result is
incorrect.

In another area on the worksheet, I want to divide one cell value by
another
cell value. My formula looks like this: =MOD(B8/E8). The result is
incorrect.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"m1121" wrote in message
I am trying to divide the value in a cell by 1.085. My formula looks like
this:=MOD(B8,1.085). I've used the formula wizard. The result is
incorrect.

In another area on the worksheet, I want to divide one cell value by
another
cell value. My formula looks like this: =MOD(B8/E8). The result is
incorrect.

If you merely want to divide one number by another, MOD doesn't come into
it. The formula is =B8/E8
If you want to know the remainder after the division, the formula is
=MOD(B8,E8)

[I would also advise you, and other people posting to the group, that you
are more likely to get a helpful answer if you are bit more specific with
your description of the problem. Merely saying "The result is incorrect."
doesn't give the other contributors of the group much to go on. If you tell
us the numbers you think are going into the formula, what answer it's
giving, and what answer you were expecting, then we're much more likely to
be able to help. For some questions another relevant piece of information
is the format settings for the cells concerned.]
--
David Biddulph