Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Save a file without it automaticly becoming Read Only

I am trying to save an excel file to a CD and it keeps changing the file to
READ ONLY. I don't want it as read only since I want to be able to make
changes on another computer as I am giving up the file to another person.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Steve, I think anytime you put a file on a CD it becomes read only, when you
put the file on the other computer right click on it and select properties
uncheck read only

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"SteveL" wrote in message
I am trying to save an excel file to a CD and it keeps changing the file

READ ONLY. I don't want it as read only since I want to be able to make
changes on another computer as I am giving up the file to another person.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

and how are you going to write to it on a CDROM?

You could try transferring it on a CDR/W or on a memory stick
You could train the recipient to copy the file and change the read only
attribute
You could supply a batch file to do the copy and change the read only
attribute, if you knew the destination directory.