Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Bold Text Formatting

I am using this formula to combine a city location (first lookup below) and
the address the (second lu below) in a Wrapped text cell. My question is, is
there a way to Bold the first lookup? I want the City to be bold, but the
addres length varies and will not fit into the available column width--unless
it is possible to change the font size of each lookup. Say the city in 14 pt
and the address in 10 pt.

=VLOOKUP(B5,rkstores,2)&CHAR(10)&CHAR(10)&" "&VLOOKUP((B5+1800),marshdata,7)

Thanks
Reno

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Reno,

May be you will find some inspiration in this event module :

Set Target = Range("A1")
With Target.Characters(Start:=1, Length:=3).Font
.ColorIndex = xlAutomatic
End With
With Target.Characters(Start:=4, Length:=2).Font
.ColorIndex = 5
.Bold = True
End With
End Sub