Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Line printing that is not a border or drawing

There is a line that shows up on my worksheet (& prints) that is not
formatted in as a border, it's not drawn in, I can't select it & I can't get
rid of it even if I delete the columns and/or rows that is showing up
in...mysterious!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've had this occasionally in the past - a very stubborn line. The way
I solved it was to copy a larger range of blank cells over the affected
cells - eg if it was at the bottom of B23:F23, I copied, say, A60:G61
into A23. Obviously this will overwrite your data and formulae, so you
will need to re-instate them.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Vera Lemon wrote:
There is a line that shows up on my worksheet (& prints) that is not
formatted in as a border, it's not drawn in, I can't select it & I can't get
rid of it even if I delete the columns and/or rows that is showing up
in...mysterious!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the tip Pete, however, it didn't work...The line actually runs
from H8:H37 along the right side or I8:I37 on the left side. The only way I
can make it not show up on my print out is to select all cells involved &
drag to an unused part of the worksheet, then re-enter my data. I was just
wondering if there was some other way of ridding the line, rather than just
moving it.

Vera Lemon wrote:
There is a line that shows up on my worksheet (& prints) that is not
formatted in as a border, it's not drawn in, I can't select it & I can't get
rid of it even if I delete the columns and/or rows that is showing up
in...mysterious!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Some other guesses...

Could the line be caused by format|conditional formatting?

Could the line be an object (like a button) that was squished when some rows
were deleted?

If it's the only object on the worksheet, you may be able to delete it by:
edit|Goto|special|objects
and hit the delete key

(if the worksheet is protected, unprotect it first. You may need to go into
design mode (an icon on the Control toolbox toolbar) so that the object can be
selected.)

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In article . com, "Pete_UK" wrote:
I've had this occasionally in the past - a very stubborn line. The way
I solved it was to copy a larger range of blank cells over the affected
cells - eg if it was at the bottom of B23:F23, I copied, say, A60:G61
into A23. Obviously this will overwrite your data and formulae, so you
will need to re-instate them.

Before copying over stuff, try selecting a cell without the line and using
"format paint" from that over the cells that are giving you the problem.
That will get rid of odd formatting of all sorts.

HTH