Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Links - manual & automatic

How do I make it so links are only updated manually? For instance, right
now, when I open the workbook that contains links to other un-opened
workbooks, I tell it to not update...then when I try to add a line or
something in the workbook, it goes and tries to update the links..but the
source workbook is not open so I get the goofey "value" error in the cells.
I have gone to edit/links and I see where you can choose "automatic" and
"manual" for each link listed. However, the "manual" button is dimmed,
meaning I cannot choose it. How do I make that button available to choose???
thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi.

I think you need to go via Tools-Options-Calculation-Manual.
--
Two heads are better than one!

Email: subst1tut3 numb3rs for l3tt3rs...