Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
atb atb is offline

Default If statment if its possible.

formula (=SUM(ABS(ROUND((E1/G1),2)));

I want to take this formula and turn and check it against the currency value
of $1.00

if ((sum(abs(rnd((E1/G1),2)))
=$1.00,"$"=SUM(ABS(ROUND((E1/G1),2))),=SUM(ABS(ROUND((E1/G1),2)))"C")..

The fomula is suppose to check if the value is over $1.00 then it adds the
dollar sign to the value. If its under $1.00 it adds the cent symbol to the
ending result.

Now, before you say this... I have changed the field or column formation to
currency but it doesn't take into effect the Cent's symbol and when I import
the spreadsheet into a labeling program it will not add the Dollar or cent
symbol, probably because its not a text field.... so, I need help trying to
turn this into this..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In order to insert a character into a formula result you need to wrap the
calculation with CONCATENATE:

if ((sum(abs(rnd((E1/G1),2)))
=$1.00,CONCATENAT("$",=SUM(ABS(ROUND((E1/G1),2)))),CONCATENATE(=SUM(ABS(ROUND((E1/G1),2))),"C")

Dave

--
Brevity is the soul of wit.