Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default If statment if its possible.

Use a custom format of

[=1.00]$#,##0.00;0.00c

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"atb" wrote in message
formula (=SUM(ABS(ROUND((E1/G1),2)));

I want to take this formula and turn and check it against the currency

value
of $1.00

if ((sum(abs(rnd((E1/G1),2)))
=$1.00,"$"=SUM(ABS(ROUND((E1/G1),2))),=SUM(ABS(ROUND((E1/G1),2)))"C")..

The fomula is suppose to check if the value is over $1.00 then it adds the
dollar sign to the value. If its under $1.00 it adds the cent symbol to

the
ending result.

Now, before you say this... I have changed the field or column formation

currency but it doesn't take into effect the Cent's symbol and when I

import
the spreadsheet into a labeling program it will not add the Dollar or cent
symbol, probably because its not a text field.... so, I need help trying

turn this into this..