Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Large wkbk won't recalc after moving sheet

I have a large workbook with 75 worksheets (I know!) and a file size of 6mb.
It has no external links and autocalc is on. Many sheets are linked
together. Excel 2003 on a very fast PC.

I have a very strange problem.

For example, if I move worksheet 15 to position 12 (or any other position),
data entered on worksheet 3 that normally goes to worksheet 15 does not -
until I move worksheet 15 back to any other position, then it autocalcs just
fine. (When I say position, I mean the tab position.)

It should be noted that this workbook has been developed over 6 years with
many, many changes but this has only recently become an issue.

Any thoughts? It's more of a minor annoyance then a problem but I would
like to know why.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here's the technical explanation: Excel is tired. Force an absolute
recalculation by simultaneously pressing CTRL-ALT-F9. You can
completely rebuild the calculation tree by simultaneously pressing
CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-F9 and saving the file- that should solve the problem.