Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hide cells

Hi

I have Excel 2002, I have a spread sheet where I have helper cells where
calculations are made and these are accessed by cells in the main part of the
spreadsheet.
I want to hide these helper cells from view, when I select these cells and
go to
Window/Hide the whole spreadsheet dissapears.

What am I doing wrong, how do I hide these cell?

thanks and regards
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can't hide just cells. Where would Excel put them?

You can hide columns or rows. Right click on the border, and choose Hide. If you
want to hide more than one column/row, select them first, then hide them.

Fred

"Daniel- Sydney" wrote in message
Hi

I have Excel 2002, I have a spread sheet where I have helper cells where
calculations are made and these are accessed by cells in the main part of the
spreadsheet.
I want to hide these helper cells from view, when I select these cells and
go to
Window/Hide the whole spreadsheet dissapears.

What am I doing wrong, how do I hide these cell?

thanks and regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Fred

I have seen spreadsheets where the contents of the cells that do the
calculation are hidden, without the cells being hidden. I guess that is what
I mean

cheers

"Fred Smith" wrote:

You can't hide just cells. Where would Excel put them?

You can hide columns or rows. Right click on the border, and choose Hide. If you
want to hide more than one column/row, select them first, then hide them.

Fred

"Daniel- Sydney" wrote in message
Hi

I have Excel 2002, I have a spread sheet where I have helper cells where
calculations are made and these are accessed by cells in the main part of the
spreadsheet.
I want to hide these helper cells from view, when I select these cells and
go to
Window/Hide the whole spreadsheet dissapears.

What am I doing wrong, how do I hide these cell?

thanks and regards

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Select the cols/cells, then click Format Cells Protection tab Check
"Hidden" OK. Then apply sheet protection: Tools Protection Protect
Sheet ... to hide the formulas in these cells.
--
Max
Singapore
"Daniel- Sydney" wrote:
.. I have seen spreadsheets where the contents of the cells that do the
calculation are hidden, without the cells being hidden. I guess that is what
I mean

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

You're welcome, Daniel !
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
"Daniel" <none@none wrote in message
Max
thanks for your help
regards
Daniel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Daniel,
To hide a cell ~ go to format cell and choose CUSTOM under the number tab
- then type in ;;;
That's it!

Diane